Can Sueño is looking for a (junior) Sous Chef, is this your Sueño Job?
In the Marina Alta, on the most beautiful place in mountains nearby Tarbena lies a dream, a Sueño of Rob and Hennie and it’s named “Can Sueño”. They started 10 years ago a unique restaurant Can Sueño who is now a five star rated fine-dining Restaurant in the Marina Baixa.
Can Sueño wants to give all our guests a fantastic food experience that they will never forget and want to relive every now and then!
There for we are looking for a hands-on, passionate (Junior) Sous Chef who will be a part of our team. A (Junior) Sous Chef, who will be dedicated, passionate and highly motivated. Our ideal candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our guests “star experience” factor and satisfaction.
· Help in the preparation and design of all food menus
· Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
· Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
· Fill in for our Head Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
· Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
· Order (control) supplies to stock inventory appropriately
· Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
Please email your motivation and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can Sueño a Restaurant with a dream to be the number one most fine-dining five star rated Restaurant in the Marina Baixa and perhaps to have a star in the future. We want to be unique in the Marina Baixa. Besides our restaurant which is only open for lunch (working hours will be during the day) we organize exclusive weddings and fine-private-dinings.
· 2+ years of experience as a (Junior) Sous Chef
· Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
· Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
· Familiar with industry’s best practices
· Working knowledge of various computer software programs
· Fluent speaking, writing in Spanish and English (A pro when also Dutch speaking)
What do we have to offer you?
· A varied, challenging position in a dynamic, growing and especially energetic team.
· Your possible future working environment has a lot of freedom and high responsibility.
· A kitchen where you learn, grow and develop yourself, but where you also motivate, support and help your colleagues to the next level!
· Depending on your knowledge and experience, we offer you an attractive, competitive salary plus the necessary growth opportunities.
· Time for Family due to working hours during the day (A 35-40 hours contract, 5 day’s a week)
· You participate in the tip
· We invest time in training and development
Do you see yourself as the sous chef we are looking for, we will be looking forward meeting you!